Structure: His-D-Trp-Ala-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-NH2Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide-6 (GHRP-6) is a synthetic hexapeptide, which specifically stimulates secretion of growth hormone by pituitary somatotrophs. Somatotrophs are cells in the anterior pituitary that release pituitary growth hormone .
GHRP-6 is one of many synthetic met-enkephalin analogues that include unnatural D-amino acides and was developed for its growth hormone-releasing activity
GHRP-6 stimulates growth hormone secretion, the increase of growth hormone levels can decrease body fat, increase muscle mass, and increase strength and stamina.
The release of growth hormones stimulated by GHRP-6 signals the liver to secrete an anabolic hormone specifically the Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF-1), which has also been implicated in improving the body’s ability to burn fat and build muscle.
GHRP-6 is widely used by fitness professionals for pronounced muscle gains and decreased healing and recovery time.
Mechanism of Action
The sequence of GHRP-6, which contains six amino acids, notifies the human brain to release growth hormones from the pituitary gland while obstructing the release of Somatostatin, which is a peptide hormone that regulates the endocrine system. This then signals the liver to secrete an anabolic hormone, the Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF-1).
GHRP-6 initiates a ghrelin mimetic response, which stimulates the ghrelin receptors of the body. The ghrelin receptors enable the brain to send a signal to the pituitary gland to secrete the growth hormone. The secreted growth hormone then assists the liver to release IGF-1.
Mode of Administration: Subcutaneous injection to a fleshy part of the body, typically to the stomach or abdominal area. GHRP-6 can also be taken orally.
Before administering GHRP-6, always be sure to use a clean and sterile syringe.
- Hold the GHRP-6 vial upright and insert the syringe in the center of the cap.
- Draw the plunger until you have the correct amount (see ‘Dosage’ below) in the syringe and carefully remove it.
- Before administering the syringe, use alcohol to cleanse the area of skin.
- Pinch the skin around the area to be injected, leave about 2 cm on each side.
- Hold the syringe at a 90 degree angle to your skin and swiftly insert the syringe.
- Depress the plunger fully, until the syringe is empty, and carefully draw out.
Dosage Frequency:1-4 times daily
It is recommended not to eat or drink 30 mins before administering GHRP-6
Avoid consuming carbohydrates and fats before using GHRP-6, as higher sugar levels lower efficiency.
One of the main disadvantages of GHRP-6 is drastically increased appetite. Users should be knowledgable about this side effect before administering the peptide, because it may cause weight gain.
GHRP-6 can also increase the cortisol hormone in the body, which may lead to joint pain.
A decrease in blood sugar levels may also be effected by GHRP-6, a typical symptom of this is headaches. Glucose levels should be monitored while using the peptide, as a drop in blood glucose could be dangerous for the body.
- Increased energy level for enhanced strength, endurance, and stamina
- Increased muscle growth
- Improved healing and recovery time
- Improvement in the ease of weight loss
- Increased libido and sexual desire
- Enhances the development of hair growth and health
- Anti-aging benefits, such as decreased wrinkles
- Strengthening of the immune system and protection against diseases
- Decreased insomnia and improvement of sleep